Entry Requirements for Overseas citizens.

The two main documents you will need to enter Poland if you are not a EU citizen are a valid travel document (passport) and a visa (if required).  Our students will be able to travel abroad after we obtain theior “temporary residence permit” and  “residence card” for them.


As a general rule you need a visa to enter Poland. There are, however, a number of countries that are free of this requirement. You can check if your country is on the list here: http://www.msz.gov.pl

Poland is a part of the Schengen zone, so you can apply for a Polish visa and travel all around Europe (excluding the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia and states outside of the EU).

There are several types of visas to choose from:

  • “A” type – an airport transit Schengen visa, so it cannot be used by a student coming to Poland
  • “C” type – a short-term Schengen visa allowing the holder to stay in the Schengen territory for up to 90 days in 180 days period
  • “D” type – a long-term national visa issued for up to one year allowing travel around the Schengen area for up to 90 days in a 180 days period A visa can only be extended in exceptional situations. Should you need to stay in Poland longer than specified in your visa then you will need to apply for a temporary residence permit. Further information can be found here http://www.migrant.info.pl/migrant-assisting-organizations.html